Thursday, March 14, 2019

Quarter 3 Submission

The improvements of this film opening is to introduce a more coherent introduction with improved audio and pacing. The revisions I have made led to progress in all of these areas of improvement, although I need reflect on some aspects of my film opening with my class during a screening to determine what can be improved upon even more. After improving the audio and pacing, I experimented with film editing techniques that can be utilized the improve the mood that can be produced in the psychological thriller genre. I decided to implement the French New Age genre of film making and editing, where some elements include the occasional or subtle breaking of the fourth wall. This term refers to directly addressing the audience viewing some media. The editing is impacted by making breaks to include supplementary pieces of information, or to throw an alteration to how information is presented in the film. For example, my film opening experimented with plain text existing on the screen for brief periods of time to convey a driving voice in a character's mind of the physical void of another character. The general premise of my film opening remained as it was viewed as a workable subject to have in the film opening.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Final Submission

This new opening differs the most from my previous iteration by the actual scenes that were filmed.. Following the feedback, I had receive...