Film production is a media product that I almost instinctively gravitate towards. I would attribute this to my active and casual viewership of film analysis videos. These analyses provide a depth to film production that I had never once known before. I also personally enjoy films over newspapers. I know that I already have skills and knowledge over editing and sound design. I also have experience of creating my own films, mostly for education over a couple of years. Film production is a likely challenge for me due to the chance of working independently. Producing varied shots with actors would be a logistical issue if I were to work alone. For example, I might be restricted to where I can record scenes because I don't have reliable transportation. Although, I would understand individual aspects of film production to a rigorous extent. I would work on editing, shots, sound, set design, and the overall creative process of the film. I was able to have a deeper understanding of the effectiveness of films after viewing "All the President's Men" in class, where the insight gained from the film and the setting of the film itself helped create a contrast between print journalism and film production. The setting of the film was in the building of The Washington Post, a company responsible for print journalism, and this gave a believable account to the base aspects of creating a magazine or newspaper. The film used various shots which could immediately be attributed meaning.
I would list the positives and negatives to having a project on film selection:
Pros:
- Prior knowledge and skills
- Interest in existing films
- Prior experience to creating films
- Deeper understanding of technical methods and recording
Cons:
- Likely individual work
- Issues with transportation
- Actor availability and other logistical issues
No comments:
Post a Comment